Monday, December 1, 2008

Her Body, My Baby

Check out this article from yesterday's New York Times Magazine -- I can't imagine the pain of going through as many IVF cycles and miscarriages as this couple did. I appreciate her sharing her story with the world. I think we can all agree that there's a real need for education, and articles like this are great public service.

Update: please check out Mo and Will's blog for a much more thoughtful reaction to the article than I could muster. Kudos.

6 comments:

April said...

wow!! it definitely makes you think....wonder if I could do 11 IVFs?

Leslie Laine said...

Thanks for posting this - I read every word and forwarded it on to my mother and mother-in-law. I think it's a great story, and there is so much about it that's inspirational.

This was a God-send for me today.

Thank you. :)

Mo said...

Faith,

Thanks for linking to my post -
I thought it was such a great article. And no, I can't imagine the pain of that many IVF cycles.

Mo

..al said...

Thanks for the NY Times link. It was an experience to go through the story of this lady, who chose to be a mother through surrogacy... and then you intro-ed me to a wonderful blog....Thanks again!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

There's a lady in our IF support group who is pregnant for the first time from her 13th IVF. 11 with her own eggs and then she used donor eggs.

I also don't know that I could do that...but then again, I also said I'd never do IVF and here I am on my 2nd cycle. I guess the lines in the sand keep shifting according to our circumstances.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine going through so many IVF cycles, I'm praying that our IUI cycles will be successful. This is such a great story - we must remember that God is in control of our lives and his timing is perfect, even when we don't understand.