Friday, August 1, 2008

Just one of those days.

To put it mildly, today was intense. It was one of those days that had me in knots all night just thinking about it. Scary thing is, it was ALL work-related, meaning that when we start IVF in just a little while it will be all of this plus more. I can only pray for the grace to get through each day, and trust that tomorrow truly will take care of itself. Lord knows I can't take care of it by myself.

Got word today (through that great communicator that is a blog) that a college friend has suffered a miscarriage. She has a beautiful son who's about a year and a half old, so I know that he has got to be some comfort to her in this grief. In the process of commenting to let her know how sorry I was for her loss, I read the comment of another college friend (with whom I had dinner last night) who said that she had been there exactly, as she suffered a miscarriage in April. I had no idea, and quickly tried to replay last night's conversation in my head to see what insensitive things I had said . . . hopefully not too much? I hurt for these girls. Even though I've never been pregnant, I can imagine (in some way) what a loss that is. I simply cannot imagine going through what we're about to go through and not ending up with a happy, healthy baby. I just can't. I know it's a possibility, but I refuse to entertain it. One foot in front of the other, right?

6 comments:

Just Me. said...

Sorry about your college friend.

I haven't had a m/c before but I can only imagine the pain she must be going through.

Josée Martens said...

Yes. One foot in front of the other. It is the only way. I totally get what you say here. I have also never had a m/c or live birth. I am so sorry for your friend's loss.

Sarah said...

One foot in front of the other...that is how I am making it from day to day right now!

Courtney said...

Hey Faith! I'm so sorry you are having so much trouble at work. And yes that is what you have to do..one foot in front of the other..day by day.
There are really no words to describe how painful it is to lose a baby. But you are right that you don't need to let yourself think about m/c. I celebrated every day that I had with my baby, and I wouldn't do it any differently knowing the outcome. I guess what I'm trying to say is that when you do get pregnant...it is in my opinion... best to celebrate the baby and not to worry about what could go wrong.

Jill said...

You can do this, girl. He has promised to carry us through it, we just have to let Him. :)

I can only imagine the pain of losing a baby...saying a prayer for your friend.

*HUGS*

I Believe in Miracles said...

One day at a time right? That's all we can do. I hope work calms down some.

I'm sorry about your college friend. Before I thought I just needed to get pregnant, now after reading all these blogs and talking to so many ladies, now I worry about getting through the whole pregancy too. One step at a time, right? One. One. Breathe in, breathe out.

**BIG HUGS**