Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday

We serve a God who works miracles. We read and hear of those miracles, of His people who are saved from the fiery furnace, from lions, from sickness and calamity and flood. Deep down, we know that we serve a God who is much bigger than any of our individual pain. On days, like today, when I am tempted to let my own individual pain overwhelm me, it's good to remind myself just how big God is. He's bigger than infertility, bigger than IVF, and bigger than miscarriage.

Just as our excitement at learning we were pregnant was tempered with caution about the possible perils ahead, now our disappointment is tempered with hope. We are blessed to have a lot of information about this pregnancy, and we are hopeful that information will better arm our medical team if/when we try this again.

Thank you for your prayers. They really mean more than you can know.

14 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Praying.
**HUGS**

Megs said...

Thinking about you...

Sending lots of hugs your way.

andrea_jennine said...

I just caught up on your posts after being away for the weekend. I'm so sorry.

nancy said...

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Sarah said...

I am so sorry. I am thinking of you all

Ashley Gregg said...

I just came across your blog a few days ago. We just had our transfer this past Thursday. Thanks so much for this encouraging post. No matter what happens God is sovereign. I'm praying for you.

Josée Martens said...

I am sorry Faith. My heart goes out to you and your husband.

Rachie Pachie said...

wow... that is so powerful & beautiful. Thank you for that reminder & to be so strong in your pain.

Thinking & praying for you.

Leslie Laine said...

Thinking of you and praying...

April said...

thinking of you.

**great big hugs**

Heidi said...

Much love, and many hugs.

JJ said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Stacey said...

I just came over from Lost and Found, and wanted to tell you I'm sorry for your loss. You are amazingly strong and hopeful, and I admire your faith!

Amanda Hoyt said...

Faith, I'm praying for you during this difficult time.
Hugs,
Amanda